Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
The carrots can be served in hollowed out orange shells for a nice presentation. The recipe also says they may be prepared ahead and reheated although I have never done that. Prep time does not include the time to clean and cut the carrots.
- 2 lbs carrots, cleaned and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 3⁄4 cup Grand Marnier, divided
- Combine carrots, water to cover, and salt in pan. Cover and cook over medium heat 25 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sugar and marmalade and simmer about 10 minutes or until sugar is melted. Stir in carrots and 1/2 cup Grand Marnier. Simmer, uncovered about 30 minutes or until carrots are shiny and candied. Add remaining Grand Marnier.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve in orange shells, if desired.