- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (or any orange liquor)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolks and 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier.
- Continue to beat. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour to mixture with sour cream, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Add orange rind, walnuts and stiff beaten egg whites.
- Butter and flour an angle food cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Spoon topping over baked cake while still in hot pan.
- Cool and invert onto serving plate.