Recipe by BakinBaby
Full of orange zest and a shot of Grand Marnier makes this a very special cake. Any orange liquor can be substituted as well as packaged orange juice and orange zest in a bottle.
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (crushed)
- 3 egg whites (beaten stiff)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Zest rind of oranges and juice oranges; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add eggs.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream in small amounts alternately to egg /sugar mixture.
- When well mixed, beat in Grand Marnier,orange zest and pecans.
- Fold beaten egg whites into batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10" bundt pan;bake 40-50 minute at 350 degrees.
- While cake is baking; combine glaze ingredients simmer over medium heat until ingredients are combined.
- Spoon sauce over hot cake is still in the pan, cool before removing from pan.
- Invert onto cake plate and enjoy.