Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a wonderful dessert or afternoon treat for a hot summer day. It is light and reasonably healthy! The original recipe was published in Better Homes and Garden and I adapted it for my family by substituting several ingredients and adding more blueberries and Grand Marnier. The crust is really yummy with the coconut and pecans. This dessert presents very pretty on the plate especially with a sprig of mint!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed graham cracker
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄8 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen which have been thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- To prepare crust:.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat until the color of light brown sugar. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, flour, coconut, pecans and the 1/8 cup Splenda. Add butter and stir until combined. Use hands to mix if needed.
- Press evenly into bottom of greased baking pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the crust is baking:.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/8 cup Splenda in large mixing bowl until blended. Add eggs, Grand Marnier and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Pour over warm crust and sprinkle blueberries evenly over the filling.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until center appears to be set. Cool completely in pan on rack. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before cutting into bars. Store covered.