Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I am on the search for recipes to make with beets, as I will be growing them this year. This one caught my eye because of the Grand Marnier, there is a note on the recipe card that has Triple Sec in quotes.
- Stir together cornstarch and sugar in saucepan.
- Blend in orange juice, vinegar and orange peel.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear.
- Stir in Grand Marnier.
- Stir in beets.
- Cook until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Garnish with thin strips of orange peel, if desired.
Loved this beet recipe Shirl, I did this as a trial run for the holidays, beets just can't get any better than this, thanks for this great recipe hon!...Kitten:)
DH and I really liked the flavors of this dish. I did use the Triple Sec in place of the Grand Marnier. (Cuz that's what I had on hand). It does have a real orange taste to the overall dish. Thanks shirley for posting.