Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
When I think of Sunday or holiday dinners, I always think of my Grandma Dot's Baked Macaroni and Cheese. Old fashioned, reliable and just plain good.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions. Rinse with cold water. Drain.
- Make thin white sauce: Mix milk and corn starch until smooth. Add salt and butter. Bring to boil stirring constantly. Boil one (1) minute. Set aside and grate cheese.
- Mix cheese with white sauce reserving ½ C for topping.
- Mix in beaten eggs and Tabasco. Make sure sauce is not too hot to cook the eggs.
- Mix in macaroni. Pour into buttered (or Pam sprayed) baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake in 375 oven for 45 minutes.
- To make a white sauce using flour:.
- Melt butter.
- Mix in 4 T flour and salt using a whisk to stir until well blended.
- Gradually pour in milk; stirring constantly.
- Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.