Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good recipe for a fancy brunch, when company comes calling--or serve with cocktails.
- room temp. cream cheese (3 ounce pack)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese (mild cheddar or sharp cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste if you like more spicy)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (must be real)
- 4 -5 slices homemade bread
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, onion, chives, and cayenne pepper.
- Mix well with a spoon.
- Add the mayo and mix till well blended and smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread into 1 1/2- inch rounds spread each round with cheese mixture.
- Place rounds on a large ungreased pan and bake till golden (about 15 min).
- Serve while hot.