1/5 Photos of Grand Champion Peach Jam
mary winecoff's Note:
I make this jam when freestone peaches are available because the entire jam making process is much easier and quicker when the stone slides out of the fruit when you halve the fruit. Heat a large pot of boiling water and dip your whole peaches in them for a quick peeling method. 8 cups of peaches is around 11 large peaches. Chop the fruit about the size of a pair of dice. This is absoulutely the best peach jam I have ever made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups pitted peeled, chopped, slightly mashed peaches
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons powdered fruit pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 lemon, zest of
- 1Sterilize the jars, rings and lids according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the peaches and lemon juice to a boil.
- 3Add the pectin and return the mixture to a boil.
- 4Stirring constantly, slowly add the sugar.
- 5Stir in the crystallized ginger, fresh ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and lemon zest and continue to boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 6Remove from the heat and skim any foam from the top of the jam.
- 7Carefully pour the jam into the sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch space between the jam and the neck of the jar.
- 8Cover with the lids and screw the bands on.
- 9Seal the jars according to manufacturer's directions.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grand Champion Peach Jam
Serving Size: 1 (2694 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 987.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 253.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 250.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
powdered fruit pectin
lemons, zest of