Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy to make--easier to eat! It's so delicious.filled with healthy grain flour
- 200 g granary brown flour, bakers
- 300 g white flour, bakers
- 300 ml water, tepid
- 9.85 ml caster sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 29.58 ml powdered milk
- 28 g butter
- 7.39 ml dried yeast
- Place water in the baking tin; add all the flour, followed by milk powder, sugar, salt, butter and lastly the yeast.
- Load up the bread machine and bake on whatever setting you have that takes 3 hours.
- N.B if you leave the bread to stand in the tin for 15 minutes before you turn it out, it comes away a lot easier.
I tried the recipe yesterday in my Morphy Richards Accents Breadmaker & it turned out perfectly. I am so pleased because the other recipes I had tried had too much sugar in them.
I made this exactly as posted Joy as I had some granary flour from England! I had some problems with the 11ml of water, I think it should have been more! So I added 110ml and then had to add some more when my bread machine was kneading, about another 100ml. Luckily the bread was fine after that, it made a small loaf that was dense but NOT heavy, and was VERY moist which Malcolm liked! I baked it on a wholemeal rapid setting and the crust was lovely but not too dark. Malcolm enjoyed this bread today for his pack up, with cold chicken as sarnies! Thanks so much Joy - please let me know if the extra water was okay and the 11ml was a zaar mistake, as I think it was! LOVED this bread, made for Aussie/NZ recipe swap. FT/Karen:-)