1/1 Photo of Gran Smith's Meat Roll, 361cals Per Serve
2 hrs 10 mins
Ailsa of New Zealand's Note:
I remember gran making it when I was a kid. Nice simple recipe, but o'so good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix in bowl the Mince, Bacon and Breadcrumbs. Drop in the egg (not Beating). Mix well.
- 2Put mixture in bowl or loaf tin. Do not press down mixture too much to give a light texture to the roll. Cover with greaseproof paper and tie with string.
- 3Place in pan with enough water to come half-way up the container.
- 4Steam for 2 1/2 hours, slowly.
- 5See that the pan does not get dry. Add boiling water when needed.
- 6Leave to go cold before serving with a nice green salad.
- 7Would also make a nice filling for sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Scottish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gran Smith's Meat Roll, 361cals Per Serve
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.6
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 377.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 18.6 g