Recipe by Misti_Country_Girl
This is my grandmother's recipe. The only soup she could get me to eat as a kid and packed full of veggies. The portion is large but freezes well and will last you thru the cold months.
- 2 (46 ounce) cans V8 vegetable juice
- 46 ounces beef broth
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 green pepper (or more for your taste)
- 1 onion (or more for your taste)
- 1 cup celery
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 20 ounces frozen cubed hash brown potatoes (I used Simply Potatoes and are optional)
- 16 ounces frozen okra (optional)
- 32 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In frying pan, brown ground beef and sausage with green pepper, celery and onion. (You can add celery here or with the mixed vegetables to simmer)
- Cook the diced potatoes so they are just about fork tender. (otherwise will be hard in the soup).
- Combine V8 juice, beef broth, salt and soup starter in stock pot.
- Start to simmer.
- Add meat, mixed vegetables, okra, and potatoes.
- Simmer for about an hour or longer until vegetables are tender.
- Add salt to taste.