Recipe by RiBigMouth
My grandmother makes this for every holiday as an appetizer while we are waiting for the big meal or while we are opening up Christmas gifts. It may sound odd, and I'm surprised I didn't see this one on Zaar some are like it but not exactly. Hope you like it as much as our family does!
- 1 bunch celery
- 8 ounces cream cheese (can use light)
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar Spanish olives
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut the celery into bit-sized pieces.
- Drain the Spanish olives, reserve a little bit of the juice but not a lot.
- In the food processor add cream cheese and Spanish olives. Mix until creamy, add a little bit of the olive juice that you reserved. Only put in a little at a time you don't want to make it soupy just creamy.
- Spread the mixture in the celery.
- Place celery on plate and sprinkle with paprika (optional) refrigerate for an hour or just until chilled and serve.
- *You can also make the spread a couple of days in advance and fill the celery the day of!*.