Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
My grandmother was an incredible baker, and this cake is a family favorite!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup frozen strawberries (about 1/2 box)
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Thaw strawberries.
- Combine white cake mix, strawberry jello and flour. Add oil, water, eggs and 3/4 c strawberries. Do not over mix.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 8" cake pans. Bake 35 minutes.
- Once cakes have completely cooled make icing by combing margarine, confectionary sugar and enough strawberries to spread. Be careful that you do not use too many strawberries as the icy will become runny. Ice cakes and enjoy!