This recipe I got from my Grammy. My family loved her ham gravy. My family thinks this taste great. As noted below my Grammy said to remove any lumps that might form while making this gravy. My Grammy always called the lumps "Lumps Of Love".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring ham drippings to a boil.
- 2Mix flour and water to make a runny paste.
- 3Pour flour/water mix in boiling ham drippings a little at a time making sure to be whisking the same time. Whisk until thickened.
- 4Add salt and gravy master to taste and color.
- 5Note: To make a good amount of drippings add 1/2 cup water to the pan the ham is being cooked inches Start with 1-2 drops gravy master then add more if needed as this is very dark in color. If the gravy has lumpy strain in a strainer to remove the lumps.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gram's Ham Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: