Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
My boyfriend LOVES his grandmothers stuffing recipe. As a gift to him, I got the recipe from her and made it for our holiday meal last year. He said I got it right on the nose! Note: I usually make this in 2 batches if I don't have a HUGE bowl to mix it in. The 6 bags of bread cubes may seem like a lot but it condenses a lot when mixed with the wet ingredients. It’s best to let the stuffing soak in the mix overnight but not required.
- 6 (16 ounce) bagsfresh bread cubes (potato bread preferred)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced yellow onions
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 9 eggs, well beaten
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and celery and saute until soft.
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to keep everything warm and add chicken broth, milk and eggs. Just make the mix warm. DO NOT OVERHEAT AS EGGS WILL THICKEN IF YOU DO!
- After the mix is warm pour it over the filling and mix with hands.
- Place in 1-2 casserole dishes and bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour.