Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I have not yet tried. The original chef comments: "One of my best friends gave this to me years ago. Simply put, it is the very BEST chocolate sauce I have ever had. I love it on top of good quality vanilla ice cream with some chopped salty roasted almonds on top. Try it; it will give you a chocoholic buzzzzzzzzz"
- In microwave or very gently on stovetop using low heat, melt butter and chocolate together.
- Remove from heat if using stove top just before it is completely melted and stir until it is smooth.
- Stir well and add 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Continue to stir and add the rest of the sugar until it's well blended- you may not need the entire cup of sugar.
- It will look awful!
- Now, slowly, slowly, stir in the cream.
- Keep stirring and it magically turns into a velvety concoction.
- Add the vanilla and stir.
- NOTE: refrigerate the left overs if there are any, but when you re-heat it, put it in the microwave for about 2 or 3 seconds at a time and stir, stir, stir- be careful or it will separate- if this happens, you can add a little more sugar and cream to bring it back to the right consistency.
- Servings yielded is completely subjective--.
Very tasty! I followed the recipe exactly and had to add extra sugar and cream but it's a very good recipe. I suggest using a double boiler because I kept it on the stove on low and whisked A LOT and the consistency was perfect. I made it to go over ice cream and "Whatever Floats Your Boat" Brownies #32204. I had to have 2nds. This is a "lick your bowl/plate clean" recipe! Thanks!
Extreme YUM. Leftovers? Yeah, right.
My father-in-law was here last night and he is an ice cream lover! So... I just had to make this chocolate sauce. It was so good! Very rich and so tasty! I made the recipe exactly as written and it was perfect. This will become a staple in our household, especially in the summer "ice cream" months! Thanks Julie!