Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My beloved Gram used to make this for us when we were young. I tweaked it a bit because it called for cream of mushroom soup but since I am allergic to mushrooms, she substituted cream of chicken soup.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow baking dish like a brownie pan place the thawed chicken breasts side by side.
- Cover the chicken completely with the cream of chicken soup without condensing making sure that the breasts are all covered completely.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the parmesean cheese over the breadcrumbs.
- Cover chicken with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes.
Easy to make but not very appealing, visually or taste-wise. I used half the bread crumbs but still thought that was too much. Sorry - won't make again
We had this the other night. Very good!! I used cream of mushroom soup. Have already got this in my cookbook as this will be made again.
We had this dish on Sunday, what a nice dish so easy to make and the flavor is very good I used the cream of chicken soup. I didn't have bread crumbs so I crushed some stuffing mix and sprinkle on top. This is a keeper. Thanks