Recipe by stews2
This recipe comes from my dad who is 77 years young. I don't know where he got it from but when we have a family gathering his recipe is ALWAYS requested to be there. One great feature of this recipe is you can always change the type of beans or even the meat. Italian Sausage, ground pork, chicken or even little smokies. Leftovers are rare.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 -3 fresh jalapeno chilie, seeded and minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans (any brand)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans ranch style beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans, drained
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add ground beef and saute, stirring for one minute.
- Add onion (and jalapeno if desired).
- Continue cooking until onion is transparent and beef is cooked through.
- Pour into crock pot or 5 quart oven proof casserole.
- Add beans and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, molasses and mustard and stir to blend.
- Bake on low in crock pot for 4 hours or covered in the oven at 350°F for 1 hour.