Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a family favorite.
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) canflaked tuna, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 mayonnaise
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- slivered blanched almond
- Combine noodles, tuna, green beans, onion, pimento, mayonnaise, paprika, salt and pepper.
- In sauce pan mix soup and milk and heat through.
- Add cheese and heat until cheese melts.
- Add to noodle mixture and mix well.
- Place into 2 qt.
- casserole and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 425 deg.
This was an excellent and tasty dish! Pretty easy to whip together. A nice change from Tuna Helper. I also subbed peas for the green beans and used corn flakes as a topping.
I made a few changes, first- i forgot the pimento, and I changed the grean beans to canned peas just for personal preferance. I also didn't use the almonds to top, but a little grated cheese instead and baked it til bubbly, about 15 min. It turned out really great! Thumbs up all around from my family!! Thanks Garnet, a great comfort food keeper :)
Surprisingly tasty. My husband calls this a keeper. For those of you who are health conscious, I used Reduced Fat Cream of Mushroom soup, Fat Free Mayo, skim milk, and cut the cheese to a half cup. My family never knew the difference. Also substituted a bag of frozen green beans (cooked) for the canned version.