Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is an old fashioned, melt in your mouth Christmas Cookie recipe. For best results, use a good cookie press that has been chilled and use cool cookie dough. Wreath and pine tree shapes hold together best. Let cookie sheet cool before attempting to put fresh dough down or it will not stick.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl.
- Cut softened butter into dry mix with fork until medium fine.
- Measure egg, add water to make 1/4 cup total volume.
- Add egg, vanilla and almond. Extra almond will make for stronger taste (Steve likes this).
- Form on ungreased cookie sheet with cookie press. Decorate.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes at 375°F.