Recipe by mlhuston
A very moist peanut butter sheet cake that my whole family loves! I have also used whole wheat flour in it and it turned out just as good.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup butter (I use butter) or 3⁄4 cup margarine (I use butter)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 -2 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together flour, sugar, and soda. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring butter, peanut butter, and water to a boil.
- Pour directly into dry ingredients and mix.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk, blending well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 11x15x1 inch sheet cake pan.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes or till light brown on top.
- While cake bakes, combine milk, sugar and butter in saucepan for icing.
- Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Add peanut butter and marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Add powdered sugar to make a spreading consistency.
- Can add 1 t. of vanilla if desired.
- Cool cake slightly and pour on icing while cake is still warm. Spread with an offset spatula.