1/1 Photo of Grammy's Health Nut Bread
Chef #606382's Note:
This is like the old version of Health Nut which was much more dense than the new fluffier one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in 2 cups of warm water. Add sugar, salt, and white flour. Let rest in warm place until light and bubbly.
- 2Combine 1/2 cup hot water, brown sugar, shortening, and let cool to luke warm.
- 3Add pecans to brown sugar mixture. Then add brown sugar mixture into white sugar mixture.
- 4Add whole wheat flour to mixture and mix until smooth.
- 5Knead on lightly floured board until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 6Place in greased bowl, turning to make sure entire bread surface is greased. Cover and keep warm in draft free place until bread has doubled in size.
- 7Cut dough in half. Knead again. Place dough into 2 greased loaf pans. Let rise until dough has doubled.
- 8Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minute For a crispy top, brush with butter after 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammy's Health Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2086.6
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2359.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 343.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 35.2 g
- Sugars 69.4 g
- Protein 51.1 g