Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From my Grammy, who always made scrumptious food that everyone enjoyed and was very involved in her church and many nature societies (so she went to a lot of potlucks)
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed buttery crackers
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 Farenheit.
- Cook veggies according to package directions.
- Drain veggies.
- Combine veggies with cheese, celery, onion, mayonaisse and pepper.
- Turn mixture into 13x9x2 inch casserole dish.
- Combine the cracker crumbs with butter/margarine and sprinkle over the veggie mixture.
- Bake uncovered until heated through, about 20-25 minutes.
It wasn't to my taste but my husband really enjoyed it. If I add less butter I think I will like it better. It was very easy to make so that is a plus.