Recipe by justajerseygirl
This is a holiday staple for my family. My Grammy got this recipe from her mother. Grammy passed it down to my aunt who has now passed the torch to me. :)
Top Review by CYNDAM
Every year I make Jello for Thanksgiving. Every year, most or all of it goes in the trash. Well, thank you for breaking that tradition. This was excellent. The only thing I did different was I had to make it in a 9X11. It was great!
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 7 ounces ginger ale
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) package Dream Whip
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Add water to make 1 cup.
- Boil; add Jello, stirring to dissolve.
- Stir in ginger ale.
- Blend pineapple and cranberry sauce.
- Fold into Jello.
- Chill in 9x9 inch dish.
- Make Dream Whip according to package directions.
- Beat in cream cheese.
- Spread over Jello and top with pecans.
- May add 1/4 to 1/3 cup powdered sugar to topping, if desired.
- Skip the nuts if you don't like them. Also, I tend to buy two of the smaller cans of cranberry sauce, one jellied, one chunky -- I like the extra texture. AND -- make this the night before or your frosting will be runny!