Recipe by D. Rose
My Grandmother, (whom is responsible for supplying the wonderful Simple Cake Filling) recipe had given me her BBQ sauce recipe. In all honesty, me and BBQ just don't mix. I normally do not like BBQ sauce AT ALL but my Grammy's I just can't get enough of. To each his own but I certainly like the flavor of this one. It's not too heavy with that smoky taste
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss all ingredients into a pot.
- cook over medium heat and bring to slow boil then reduce heat to lower setting and continue cooking for about 15 to 30 min longer.
- Best if used on Ribs or Chicken. Can use this sauce if baking or BBQ.
- Usually, depending on the QTY I am cooking, I have to double or triple this recipe.