Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
oatmeal with peanut/chocolate top
- 3 cups oatmeal (not quick cooking)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (or margarine)
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix first three ingredients together and spread in the bottom of a 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Mix together peanut butter and chocolate chips in top of double boiler until smooth. Spread out evenly over cooled oatmeal mixture.
- Refrigerate until top is firm. Best if stored in refrigerator.