Recipe by Aroostook
Grammy Mae was a reknown cook. This is her recipe but she didn't always give you all the ingredients that made her's special. I have a speaking suspicion she added a bit of vanilla to this!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sweet milk
- 1 cup blueberries, in
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- I have a sneaking suspicion she added vanilla to this as well!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Flour berries and set aside.
- Cream sugar, eggs and margarine until light.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Sift flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Fold in berries last and fill greased muffin tins.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.