Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from my mom's friend Sharon Brown's 'Scratch Dog Biscuits'. So good, i swear our dogs (and their friends) are addicted to these. Great for holiday gifts and doggie parties !
- 177.44 ml cornmeal
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml flour (I use 1 1/2c Whole Wheat, 1/2 c White and 1/2 c Soy Flours)
- 59.14 ml flax seed meal (optional)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml minced parsley
- 177.44 ml chicken broth
- Combine 1st 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix well. In another boal, combine, oils, parsley and 1/2 cup Chicken broth. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stire well. Add more of the chicken broth (up to 1/4 c) as needed to hold dough together.
- Dump out on cutting board, knead briefly, then roll out (1/4 - 1/2" thick). Cut with cookie cutter. Roll remnants into small mini-treat sized balls. Bake on cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn off oven and leave cookies in for 10 minutes. Remove and transfer to rack to cool.
- No preservatives, so these should be eaten fairly soon. Or they freeze GREAT.
These biscuits were delicious! I didn't make them in the shape of a dog, just regular style. They are a little salty but very crunch.
I am having a party next weekend for football and these biscuits will be.on the menu.
Thanks kmac for the recipe.
Five stars from my fur-babies! Followed the recipe exactly, except I halved it. (Small dogs) They really enjoyed these tastey treats for dogs! Made for New Kids on the Block tag.