1 hr 30 mins
Chef #277091's Note:
My Grandmother wouldn't let any one in her kitchen until it was clean-up time so I've had to experiment countless times to get this recipe right. She made the best meatloaf in the world and this is as close as I've come.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes (chopped dry onions)
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes (chopped dry garlic)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine or 2 tablespoons oil, which ever you prefer
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 eggs
- 1 -1 1/2 cup Progresso Italian-style fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chervil
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Place vegetable flakes in a coffee cup and cover with boiling water.
- 2Sautee celery in your choice of fat.
- 3Mix all the meats together.
- 4In medium bowl, beat the eggs and add the remaining seasonings, but not the bread crumbs or the sauteed celery. Mix well.
- 5Add the reconstituted vegetable flakes (most or all of the water will have been absorbed.
- 6Add chopped parsley.
- 7Mix all these ingredients well, using hands.
- 8Put bread crumbs in a bowl so you won't have to put sticky fingers on your can of bread crumbs.
- 9Add 1 cup bread crumbs to meat mixture and mix in well.
- 10Add enough additional bread crumbs as needed to make a firm mixture-not too sticky and not too dry.
- 11Place into loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
- 12You can make two small loaves or one big one.
- 13I serve with mashed potatoes, gravy and steamed broccoli.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammies Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.4
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 218.0 mg
- Sodium 536.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried celery flakes