Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Grammie would make this all summer and it is so simple to put together to bring to pot lucks or picnics. I love that you can all all kinds of summer veggies from the garden. Inexpensive yet very tasty, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do...
- 1 lb rotini pasta or 1 lb twisty pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, diced into cubes and browned
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 chopped peeled seeded cucumbers
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Pour cold water over it after you strain out the cooking water to rapidly chill the pasta. Set it aside.
- On the cutting board, slice the Spam into planks and then rows. Cut each row into cubes and fry them in a pan until they are brown and crispy.
- While the Spam is frying, measure the chili sauce and mayo into your serving bowl. Stir in the fresh herbs.
- Peel the cucumber and slice the long way. Remove the seeds and dice into chunks around the same size as the Spam. Slice the tomatoes and remove the seeds. Dice the tomatoes into chunks the same size as the cucumber.
- Mix the veggies with the herbs and sauce.
- Stir in the pasta and Spam until everything is evenly mixed.