This egg roll recipe was given to me by my Grandmother "Grammie" a while ago and I JUST got done making a batch, they taste and look WONDERFUL! Its just a basic recipe and it can be substituted in many different ways. I'm not a spicy food lover so I even substituted it a bit. ENJOY! CAUTION: DON'T BITE INTO IMMEDIAETLY; ALLOW TIME TO COOL COMPLETELY.
- Brown sausage and break up into small pieces until its no longer pink, remove from fire.
- Add slaw, scallions, ginger, and garlic and mix well.
- Drain excess oil.
- Spread egg roll wraps on a clean surface and add 1/3 cup of mixture diagonally on egg roll wrapper.
- Fold corner over filling, then fold up both sides, moisten edges of last flap, and roll over until the flap is completely wond around.
- Seal with water or egg white.
- TO FRY: Heat two quarts of oil over medium high heat to 350 degrees.
- Add 3 or 4 filled egg rolls, deep-fry and turn continuously until golden brown.
- For crisper skin, fry for 3 minutes, remove and allow to cool; then fry for 4 minutes more.
- Drain egg rolls on paper towel.
- TO BAKE: Place filled egg rolls on cookie sheet and back at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.