1/2 Photos of Grammie's Egg Rolls!
This egg roll recipe was given to me by my Grandmother "Grammie" a while ago and I JUST got done making a batch, they taste and look WONDERFUL! Its just a basic recipe and it can be substituted in many different ways. I'm not a spicy food lover so I even substituted it a bit. ENJOY! CAUTION: DON'T BITE INTO IMMEDIAETLY; ALLOW TIME TO COOL COMPLETELY.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausage and break up into small pieces until its no longer pink, remove from fire.
- 2Add slaw, scallions, ginger, and garlic and mix well.
- 3Drain excess oil.
- 4Spread egg roll wraps on a clean surface and add 1/3 cup of mixture diagonally on egg roll wrapper.
- 5Fold corner over filling, then fold up both sides, moisten edges of last flap, and roll over until the flap is completely wond around.
- 6Seal with water or egg white.
- 7TO FRY: Heat two quarts of oil over medium high heat to 350 degrees.
- 8Add 3 or 4 filled egg rolls, deep-fry and turn continuously until golden brown.
- 9For crisper skin, fry for 3 minutes, remove and allow to cool; then fry for 4 minutes more.
- 10Drain egg rolls on paper towel.
- 11TO BAKE: Place filled egg rolls on cookie sheet and back at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie's Egg Rolls!
Serving Size: 1 (1693 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 512.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 11.4 g