This is a tasty old fashioned recipe for bread pudding that belonged to my grandmother. Its not as soggy as most bread puddings which in my opinion makes it that much better and its easy- bonus!!!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pack sugar in a buttered casserole dish.
- Cut bread in small pieces and place buttered side down on sugar.
- Mix the egg, milk and vanilla together.
- Pour it over the bread.
- Put in the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes until nicely browned and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve as is or with cream and raisins.