Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandmother is a full blooded Swede and she got this recipe from her mother, who came over to America in the late 1800's. She used to make this dessert for my sisters, brother, and I when we were young. We all LOVED it, and I cherish the recipe... This is definately one of my FAVORITE desserts, one of the BEST I have ever had the pleasure of eating! It is so DELICIOUS, everyone loves it that I share it with, and wants the recipe. Try it. Your family will love it as much as mine does!
- Grease a 9x13" glass baking dish, or 2 pie plates.
- Fill dish/plates with apples 2/3 full- (10-12 apples depending on the size).
- Sprinkle 2 T.sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon on top of apples.
- (If using pie plates divide this for each one).
- In a small bowl mix remaining ingredients well together, and pour over apples.
- (If using pie plates, place half of this over each plate of apples).
- Bake in preheated 350 oven, for 45 minutes or until brown.
- Serve with whipped cream or French Vanilla ice cream.