Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My gram made these treats for special occasions when I was a little girl...I always loved it when she made these as they were always one of my favorites! Super simple to make too! I have also added chopped cashews and almonds and pecans to these at different times...they are the "Cats Meow"! Great for Halloween Trick Or Treaters too!
- 4 quarts popped corn, slightly salted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and add sugar and molasses. Boil until temperature eaches 270 degrees.
- Remove from heat, and add the baking soda.
- Mix well, then pour over pop corn.
- Dip hands in a bowl of warm water, before making each ball. Shape balls using very little pressure.
- Lay balls on waxed paper, and let cool.
- Wrap in saran wrap, or put each on in a plastic baggie.