Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This old fashioned cake recipe is one that has been very popular through the years at our house! Gram used to make it a lot... DELICIOUS and moist, and though I'm not a raisin fan, I LOVED this cake. Don't forget to use Grammie Bea's Special Vanilla frosting Grammie Bea's Special Vanilla Frosting for the top of this YUMMY cake!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (*see note below)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Beat 2 eggs and add to mixture, mixing well.
- Add walnuts and raisins, and mix in well.
- Mix flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon together.
- Mix in with creamed sugar mixture, and add tomato soup. Mix well.
- Bake in a greased and flour dusted loaf pan, at 350, for 25 minutes.
- Note: *Make sure you soak the raisins in warm water for at least 1/2 hours before adding them to the other ingredients. Take the raisins out of the water, and flour them, just before mixing into cake mix.