1/2 Photos of Grammie Bea's Special Vanilla Frosting
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is absolutely "THE BEST" frosting in the world... It's an old fashioned recipe that my gram used for years on all her homemade cakes including Wacky, Spice, and her Raisin Cakes. It has been a favorite of my family for over 50 years, and will be passed down to my grandaughter(s), when and if I have some :) I lost this recipe at one point and was frantic, but found it again rummaging through my cookbooks... I was SO HAPPY!!! Try this one and see why... Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl mix solid Crisco, salt, vanilla, and about 1/3 of the sugar.
- 2Add milk and remaining sugar alternately. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- 3Add more sugar to thicken, or milk to thin frosting, if needed, for a good spreading consistency.
- 4Frosts 2 8 or 9" layers OR 1 13x9x2" cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie Bea's Special Vanilla Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1916.6
- Calories from Fat 481
- Total Fat 53.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 1200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 363.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 353.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g