Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My gram was a great cook. Her specialty was simple but tasty additions to the table... This all time favorite is no exception! It's DELISH!!!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups medium noodles or 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained, and flaked
- 3 -4 slices American cheese, as many as you like
- Cook noodles according to pkg. directions. Drain well. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook onion in butter, until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400, for 20 mins., or until hot.
- Top with sliced cheese, if desired.
- Bake until cheese melts.
I made this a little over a month ago and totally forgot to review it. This Tuna bake is awesome. Exactly as I remembered it from childhood. Thank you for posting!
I used one onion and used macaroni. Only frozen peas, thawed. I didn't find a can of tuna, so had to use salmon. It was great. Thanks Linda. Made for Gimme 5 tag game