Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Quick and easy, this one will have you coming back for more for sure! Another old time favorite from my gram's recipe collection! Simply WONDERFUL!!!
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained, and flaked
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled, rinsed off, and thinly sliced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat butter in a sauce pan, and saute onion, for about 5 minutes Blend in flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk, and cook and stir over med. heat, until thickened.
- Stir in tuna.
- Put potatoes in a greased 10x6x2" casserole, and stir in tuna mixture.
- Cover, and bake in a 350 oven, for 1 hours.
- Uncover, and continue baking for 30 mins., or until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with parsley.
Not a terrible basic recipe, but certainly lacking in flavor. I suggest garlic, season salt, and pepper for sure. Maybe even some italian seasoning. I also added sour cream in place of some of the milk, which added a nice touch..
This was good comfort food! I used cooking spray instead of butter to saute the onion to reduce the fat and calories and used low-fat milk. I'll make this again!