1/9 Photos of Grammie Bea's Old Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
These aren't a breakfast roll, but rather a DELICIOUS treat, and one that I often enjoyed when I was young. My grandmother always made her own pie crust, and she would always make extra, so we could have these yummy treats. This is great for using the extra dough you have from your homemade pie crusts instead of throwing it away. Today I usually use the 9" pre-made unroll and bake pie crusts, because it's quick and easy. You can sprinkle on finely chopped nuts of your choice before rolling up if you like. Walnuts and pecans are my favorite. This is my idea of a comfort dessert :) They were always made with lots of love in my house. I hope you will enjoy them as much as my family! The serving size here is for 2 pre-made 9" pie crusts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Let the pie crust sit out for 1/2 hours if using the unroll and bake crusts, so they get soft enough to roll up without the crust cracking. (Make homemade pie crust if you are making your own. Roll out thin, just as you would to make a pie crust).
- 3Melt butter in the microwave for 20 seconds, and brush onto top of pie crusts.
- 4Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on top of the butter.
- 5Roll up crust dough jelly roll style, making into a long log. Crimp the edge of the pie crust so it holds together. (See picture).
- 6Using a sharp knife cut dough into 3/4" pieces, and place cinnamon side down on a greased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for 20-22 minutes until a light golden brown. Take out of oven and let cool for a few minutes, then take off sheet, so they don't stick, and let cool.
- 8Store in plastic container or Zip-Lock baggie, that is if you have any left!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie Bea's Old Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 0.8 g