Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This old fashioned cake is one that will have you coming back for MORE! I hope you like it... Enjoy!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagedry mincemeat
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Break mince meat into pieces, and put in a small sauce pan.
- Add the water.
- Place over med. heat, and stir lumps, until broken.
- Boil briskly for 3 mins., until almost dry, and let cool.
- Sift flour, salt, and soda.
- Cream Crisco, and add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in mince meat.
- Add dry ingredients with cooled apple.
- Stir in nuts.
- Bake in a greased and floured 9x13" pan, in a 350 oven for 30-40 mins., checking every 5 minutes after 30 mins., until a toothpick comes.
- out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.