Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
My gram used to cook all her greens this way, and it is just plain delicious!
Make and share this Grammie Bea's Greens and New Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Wash greens in water, and remove any dirt. Remove stems. Remember these cook down, so pack them down in the pot. If you fill a lg. stock pot, it should feed 4 people.
- Add cleaned greens to pot, and cook 20 mins, then add washed potatoes cut in quarters (they don't have to be peeled).
- Add enough water to cover potatoes, if needed.
- Cook 25-30 minutes longer, or until potatoes are cooked through when tested with a fork. Greens and meat will be tender.
- Drain off water, and serve greens with butter, apple cider vinegar, butter, salt and pepper, along with potatoes with butter.
- You can eat the salt pork along with it too, if you like.
- Makes 4 servings.