Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My gram used to cook all her greens this way, and it is just plain delicious!
Top Review by JustMeMelMel
I have made this recipe with collards, kale and look forward to using fresh swiss chard from my garden next! Delicious with red and white potatoes. Such a nice change from our regular veggie repoitoire! Thanks!
- lean salt pork, sliced across the top, a good sized piece
- 1 bunch swiss chard, dandelion, kale, collard, mustard, spinach greens (your choice)
- 4 -6 large potatoes
- apple cider vinegar, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash greens in water, and remove any dirt. Remove stems. Remember these cook down, so pack them down in the pot. If you fill a lg. stock pot, it should feed 4 people.
- Add cleaned greens to pot, and cook 20 mins, then add washed potatoes cut in quarters (they don't have to be peeled).
- Add enough water to cover potatoes, if needed.
- Cook 25-30 minutes longer, or until potatoes are cooked through when tested with a fork. Greens and meat will be tender.
- Drain off water, and serve greens with butter, apple cider vinegar, butter, salt and pepper, along with potatoes with butter.
- You can eat the salt pork along with it too, if you like.
- Makes 4 servings.