Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
Oh man, these are SO GOOD! I used to "smack my lips" every time I knew gram was cooking these for us :) They are great with new potatoes thrown in the last 25 mins. of cooking time. The flavors are GREAT..Doesn't get any better than this!
Top Review by JustMeMelMel
The fresh green beans are so tasty right now, and this recipe was just what I was looking for. Comforting and delicious, this was a real hit with the whole bunch! We loved them so much! Flavor was great! Thanks!
- 1 piece salt pork, 3x4-inch piece
- 6 cups string beans, fresh, ends snapped off and left whole
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cider vinegar, as much as you like
- butter, as much as you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove both ends of green beans.
- Wash beans thoroughly in cold water.
- In a lg. pot, fill about 1/2 way with water.
- Add piece of salt pork into the pot. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 30 minutes on med. high.
- Add string beans, and add water to cover beans.
- Add canola oil.
- Let cook until beans are tender, 15-25 minutes Drain.
- Serve with butter, and I always have mine with salt and pepper, and a little vinegar sprinkled over the beans at serving time.