Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Oh man, these are SO GOOD! I used to "smack my lips" every time I knew gram was cooking these for us :) They are great with new potatoes thrown in the last 25 mins. of cooking time. The flavors are GREAT..Doesn't get any better than this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove both ends of green beans.
- 2Wash beans thoroughly in cold water.
- 3In a lg. pot, fill about 1/2 way with water.
- 4Add piece of salt pork into the pot. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 30 minutes on med. high.
- 5Add string beans, and add water to cover beans.
- 6Add canola oil.
- 7Let cook until beans are tender, 15-25 minutes Drain.
- 8Serve with butter, and I always have mine with salt and pepper, and a little vinegar sprinkled over the beans at serving time.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie Bea's Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: