My Private Note
or more ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put raisins in water in pan, and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Let cool, then pour liquid from raisins (2 c.) into cup, and set aside to put in cake.
- 3Cream sugar, Crisco, and add spices.
- 4Dissolve baking soda in the raisin liquid that was set aside.
- 5Add flour and raisins.
- 6Beat by hand, until creamy.
- 7Grease and flour a large (10x15x2") cake pan.
- 8Bake at 350°, until cake springs back in the middle, about 45-60 minutes, checking often.
- 9Cool, and frost with vanilla frosting.
- 10Note~For a smaller cake, cut recipe in half, and bake in a loaf pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie Bea's Double Raisin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 408.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 47.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g