Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
These pickles are the best, crispiest bread and butter pickles you will ever taste... They are so yummy! Great addition to add on the side of any sandwich plate, great with beans and hot dogs, chili, burgers and potato salad etc. If you love pickles, this is one you should definitely try!
My Private Note
batch p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash cucumbers and pepper.
- 2Cut cucumbers and onions in slices 1/4-1/2" thick.
- 3Cut pepper into thin strips and then cut into thirds.
- 4Soak all overnight in salted water.
- 5When ready to make pickles:.
- 6Put 1 quart vinegar in a large pan or kettle.
- 7Add cloves, black pepper, celery seed, mustard seed, turmeric powder, and sugar.
- 8Drain the liquid out of cukes, pepper and onions. Add them into the vinegar mixture in the kettle.
- 9Bring to a good scald, almost a boil.
- 10Next, sterilize jars in boiling water in a large canning pan, or whatever you are using.
- 11Add the pickle mixture to the jars, and seal while hot.
- 12Make sure seals are down.
- 13Note: Preparation time does not include soaking the cucumbers and onions overnight, or sterilizing the jars.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie Bea's Crispy Bread and Butter Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (5753 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2501.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 85007.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 584.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.0 g
- Sugars 481.7 g
- Protein 30.8 g