Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
One thing I know for sure, is that my gram knew how to cook and bake... This cake is definitely one you will want to make for sure! Just plain DELISH!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan, or 9x9" cake pan, or makes 18 cup cakes.
- Cut apples, and peel and chop into small pieces.
- Add sugar, and mix and let set for 10 minutes while mixing dry ingredients.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together well.
- Add oil mixed with beaten egg, to apples.
- Mix in dry ingredients, and pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes. Test at 30 minutes with a tooth pick in center of cake -- When it comes out clean, cake is done. DO NOT overbake.
This is a very moist and delicious cake. Sweetness of it was right on. It was so very light. Used cool whip on top and it just made it. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Not too sweet; an excellent treat! I made these as muffins this morning for breakfast. My DH ate 3 & I hate to admit it, but I did too. I used 3 apples & a heaping tsp of cinnamon & they were fantastic. This recipe made 16 muffins for us.
I made following the recipe, and the spices were right on. I did add 1 c. chopped walnuts. My cake looked nothing like the picture posted, in texture or color. It must be because Bayhill used lots more spices and cut the oil. Mine was lighter in color and super moist. I used Grammie Bea's Special Vanilla Frosting to ice the cake, since I was making her cake, and this cake was in a class all it's own. 5 stars all the way for this delicious fall treat! We will make this again and again because it's so wonderful!