One thing I know for sure, is that my gram knew how to cook and bake... This cake is definitely one you will want to make for sure! Just plain DELISH!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan, or 9x9" cake pan, or makes 18 cup cakes.
- Cut apples, and peel and chop into small pieces.
- Add sugar, and mix and let set for 10 minutes while mixing dry ingredients.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg together well.
- Add oil mixed with beaten egg, to apples.
- Mix in dry ingredients, and pour into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes. Test at 30 minutes with a tooth pick in center of cake -- When it comes out clean, cake is done. DO NOT overbake.