Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
These were one cookie that my gram used to make that I loved! They are just so chocolately and sweet. Dipped in confectionary sugar makes them look so pretty, as the cookies crack while cooking. These are MMMmmmmmmm m GOOD! This is a great addition to a holiday cookie tray, or when your craving something sweet and chocolate! Please Note: These cookies are chewy, chocolately and delicious! If you overcook them they will be crunchy when you bite into them, so don't overbake them!
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup nuts
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar, to roll cookies in
- Blend Crisco/margarine and sugar.
- Add vanilla, eggs, milk, and cocoa. Beat well, and add nuts.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to first mixture. Beat well.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350, for 8-10 minutes Keep an eye on the cookies at 8 minutes as you don't want them to burn.
- Roll in confectionary sugar when still warm. Let cool.
Wonderful cookies!! I added Hershey candy cane kisses to the top of each cookie when i took them out of the oven. Really nice cookie for the Christmas cookie trays.
Made for Zaar Stars. We enjoyed these cookies and I will make them again ~ nice to feed my chocolate fix! Thanks for posting this Linda!
great flavor but too crumbly for me. i tried this for Christmas and was hoping for a better presentation.