Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I always serve this recipe with mashed potatoes and stewed tomatoes, as it goes well together.
- 907.18 g baby beef liver
- 4 large onions, peeled, cut in half then sliced
- 9.85 ml crushed garlic
- 2 green peppers, cut into thin strips, and halved (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
To coat liver
- 473.18-709.77 ml flour, for dredging
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Fry up onions first in oil, and garlic, and salt, and pepper.
- Sometimes I put in green peppers too.
- When they are done, put them in a metal bowl, and cover, and set them aside while you cook the liver.
- To cook the liver*, put 2-3 cups of flour on a large plate. Add garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Dredge the liver on both sides, with the flour.
- Turn the heat on high, and add a little more oil in the pan that the onions were cooked inches.
- Get the pan hot, then turn down to med.
- Add the liver to the pan, and cook on both sides, until cooked through.
- Add the onions on top, turn down the heat, and let sit for a few minutes for the flavors to meld.
- Serve liver smothered in onions and peppers.
- I dip in ketchup and Voila!
- *I buy only baby beef liver.
I really enjoyed your recipe. I like the garlic with liver and I served some Mango chutney along side. A lovely dinner