1/2 Photos of Grammie Bea's Calf Liver and Onions
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I always serve this recipe with mashed potatoes and stewed tomatoes, as it goes well together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs baby beef liver
- 4 large onions, peeled, cut in half then sliced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 green peppers, cut into thin strips, and halved (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
To coat liver
- 1Fry up onions first in oil, and garlic, and salt, and pepper.
- 2Sometimes I put in green peppers too.
- 3When they are done, put them in a metal bowl, and cover, and set them aside while you cook the liver.
- 4To cook the liver*, put 2-3 cups of flour on a large plate. Add garlic powder, seasoned salt and pepper, and mix well.
- 5Dredge the liver on both sides, with the flour.
- 6Turn the heat on high, and add a little more oil in the pan that the onions were cooked inches.
- 7Get the pan hot, then turn down to med.
- 8Add the liver to the pan, and cook on both sides, until cooked through.
- 9Add the onions on top, turn down the heat, and let sit for a few minutes for the flavors to meld.
- 10Serve liver smothered in onions and peppers.
- 11I dip in ketchup and Voila!
- 13*I buy only baby beef liver.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grammie Bea's Calf Liver and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
baby beef liver