- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (a little less than)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pint blueberries, cleaned and washed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together cake flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add milk alternately with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Flour blueberries, and then add to mix.
- Sprinkle top with a little sugar before baking.
- Bake in 375 oven for 35-40 minutes in a 9x13" square pan.